Embed parameter questions

zenandjuice
zenandjuice Fayetteville, ArkansasFounder Posts: 14

I have an instructor who wants to use an iframe embed code in an HTML page, but she wants to have the video play automatically, and also loop.

Those are two setting changes from our standard player that they use.

Are there ways to force the requested behavior via a tag, or would I need to create a new player for her?

Thanks!

Answers

• thomas_ellis
    thomas_ellis Virginia, U.S.Kalturian Posts: 68 ✭✭

@zenandjuice , probably best to create a separate player. There aren't tags that you can use, but it's possible to add some JS to the embed code to force the player to change it's default behavior on load. Just not sure you want the user to have to manipulate the default embed code vs. just supplying another player option.

Thomas Ellis | Principal Solutions Engineer Kaltura

• zenandjuice
    zenandjuice Fayetteville, ArkansasFounder Posts: 14

Thanks @thomas_ellis

This instructor is putting the embed code into some questions in iMath, and pulling the embed code from our KMS.

It'll probably be easiest to show her how to swap out a player id, for a custom hidden player.

• natelison
    natelison Appleton, WIFounder Posts: 12

I use this embed code for autoplaying videos. I don't know what you would need to add to make it loop though.

<p>

<script src="//cdnapisec.kaltura.com/p/2202651/sp/220265100/embedIframeJs/uiconf_id/41520721/partner_id/2202651">

</script>

</p>

<div id="49967623" style="width: 390px; height: 258px;" itemprop="video" itemscope="" itemtype="http://schema.org/VideoObject"><!-- Search engine metadata, based on schema.org/VideoObject --> <span itemprop="thumbnailUrl" content="http://cfvod.kaltura.com/p/2202651/sp/220265100/thumbnail/entry_id/1_470lfrx3/version/100007"></span> <span itemprop="width" content="390"></span> <span itemprop="height" content="285"></span></div>

<p>

<script>

kWidget.embed({

targetId: "49967623",

wid: "_2202651",

uiconf_id: "41520721",

entry_id: "1_470lfrx3",

flashvars: {

"autoPlay" : true,

"inlineScript" : false

}

})