Kaltura Embed in MS Applications

dennis
dennis DAUMember Posts: 29 ✭✭

IS there a trick to getting a MS office application such as PowerPoint to accept a Kaltura embed code. It is not working with an iFrame code - the iFrame can be used without issue in SharePoint but not in Word / PowerPoint.

Any help even it just doesn't work would be greatly appreciated.

Dennis Eisenstein

TPM - DAU Media

DAU

Answers

• dennis

• thomas_ellis
    thomas_ellis Virginia, U.S.Kalturian Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey @dennis , from what I've seen in the past, PowerPoint and Word restrict using embeds to only approved domains (to prevent malicious injection since those docs can be emailed/shared to others). *.kaltura.com is not an approved domain in Msft products, and then some customers even use their own vanity domains, so it's difficult to maintain any kind of 'approved' list. So I'd say that it's just not going to work unfortunately.

Thomas Ellis | Principal Solutions Engineer Kaltura

• dennis

We use our own domain for our MediaSpace site (https://media.dau.edu) but all of our embed codes use Kaltura.com. It would be great if Kaltura was white listed by Microsoft. We even use Kaltura embeds in Microsoft SharePoint to bring Kaltura Media into TEAMS for Education via playlists and then display them in the classroom via a SharePoint Media Tab. We do not use STREAMS. My only option then is to use our Kaltura Distribution to You Tube and make the video hidden so that I can get a You Tube embed to put into MS Applications. The Kaltura embed works fine with Articulate Rise and Storyline, Composica and dominKnows authoring systems and Cornerstone On Demand (CSOD) LMS. Kaltura should be able to work this issue with Microsoft.

• dennis

I wonder how many Kaltura sites have an issue with this?