Reusing Video Quiz from one semester to another w/same user.

steelerfunk
steelerfunk Atlanta. GAFounder Posts: 10 ✭✭

Has anyone else had the situation where a video quiz was used from one course in a semester to another course in a new semester, in which there are students who had to repeat the course ?

Our experience is that because the student has taken the quiz before/w grades in the previous semester, either the new grade is not showing up in the new class or the previous grade is showing up for the user and not allowing the student to take the test again in the new class.

Is there a way to reset the user data or quiz data so that the quiz thinks this is the first time taking the quiz. Apparently the data is following the quiz and student but doesn't know it's being used in a new channel and to reset attempts, etc.

The only way I know how to fix the problem is to copy the quiz for the new course, which isn't ideal.

Any suggestion or workarounds would be appreciated.

Best Answers

Answers

• Dani
    Dani Northern California USAAdministrator, Moderator, Kalturian Posts: 205 admin

@brockbehling great response. @steelerfunk if this was a good answer, please click mark the answer as "Yes" in Brock's reply.

Thanks!

Dani

Senior Director, Community

*Click on a positive reaction if my reply was helpful

• Dani
    Dani Northern California USAAdministrator, Moderator, Kalturian Posts: 205 admin

@brockbehling Congrats on providing the first confirmed answer to a question in the new community, well done!

Dani

• steelerfunk
    steelerfunk Atlanta. GAFounder Posts: 10 ✭✭

Thanks @brockbehling I'm going to consult with my client tomorrow. Looks like this might work.

• Dani

@steelerfunk thanks for sharing your wisdom on this thread, awesome!

Dani

• Dani
    edited October 7

@Randi_Hill

I love this community too! Appreciate you and your post!

Cheers!

Dani