Alert:New Zoom Integration: Uploaded Entry from Zoom may not be visible for user
Description and Scenario
Our engineering team identified a buggy scenario with entries uploaded via new Zoom integration (Drop Folder).
When content/entry uploaded from Zoom and the owner details are not similar to the user info as it exists in KMS, then such issue would occur. Please find below examples for when the problem might surface:
1. User in KMS exist as “John.Mark”, but on the Zoom side the user exist as “[email protected]”
2. When content/entry uploaded from Zoom with owner “[email protected]”, then Kaltura will try to search for such a user, but it doesn’t exist (because the user exists as “John.Mark”), therefore Kaltura will create this new user “[email protected]” and make him the owner of the entry.
3. As result, user “John.Mark” won’t find this entry (in his KMS), because the owner for the entry is the new “[email protected]”, however the Admin will still be able to see it and change it to a different owner (e.g. to “john.mark”).
Based on the above, the user on the Kaltura side won’t be able to review the entry from Zoom or run it. Please note that this problem doesn’t create any problem of data loss and entries and entries won’t disappear and entries exist on the Kaltura side but with the username as was received from the Zoom side. As mentioned, the Admin can still see this entry and re assign it to different user.
1 . Permanent fix: On Sunday 27th, we deployed a hot fix to prevent such behavior from happening going forward with new entries from Zoom.
2. To fix the affected entries: On Sunday June 27th, our engineering created a script to correct all affected entries; meaning to update the entry owner as it exists in Kaltura, so they will be visible for the relevant user. ETA for the script to complete the work is end of day Monday June 28th. Updated to be completed June 30th.
Senior Director, Community
*Click on a positive reaction if my reply was helpful
This Month's Leaders
- 13 Points jmanthony
- 10 Points ktowne
- 10 Points christian_davis
- 6 Points josephsalmond
- 6 Points rspencer
- 3 Points nawad
- 2 Points rburriel
- 2 Points thomas_ellis
- 2 Points TiffanyStull
- 2 Points cwilshus
- 1 Point luistsanz_eLM
- 1 Point christopher_phillips
- 1 Point chris_clement
- 1 Point jmeegan
- 1 Point kjones
- 1 Point rayreid