YouTube Publishing Experience

chrismmurray
chrismmurray Asheville, NCFounder Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have direct experience with publishing simultaneously to YT and KMS?

I'm looking for anecdotes and insights, advantages and drawbacks to this scenario of having content being available in in both environments simultaneously.

I'm also interested in learning if there are any advantages or insights in reporting and analytics.

Finally, what am I not asking? I don't know what I don't know.

Thanks Peeps!

Chris

Chris Murray

Sr. Manager Online Learning, Unreal Engine

Twitter: @chrismmurray | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismmurray/ 

Answers

• chrismmurray
    chrismmurray Asheville, NCFounder Posts: 50 ✭✭

Thanks Melina,

A couple of follow ups.

"YT works will with Mediaspace and KAF...." Can you clarify your comment on analytics? I understand the benefit of the Kaltura over YT in general, but specifically with YT. are you suggesting that if you publish to YT via the KAF publishing mode, you get more user data than just publishing to YT directly?

We are continually having the "YT/Kaltura" discussion here because the learning team lives under the marketing umbrella. One data point that may help your pro-kaltura position is User data. With Kaltura you "own" the user data. With YT, Google does. For a privacy sensitive company like Epic... this is an influential consideration.

Chris

Chris Murray

Sr. Manager Online Learning, Unreal Engine

Twitter: @chrismmurray | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismmurray/ 

• dennis
    dennis DAUMember Posts: 23 ✭✭

I have the YT connector installed and hooked directly between MediaSpace Channels and YouTube channels. When we publish to certain MediaSpace channels it automatically goes our to the corresponding YouTube channel. We can delete the video off of YouTube directly via the KMS or MediaSpace. There are some YouTube limitations whereby we must limit the number of TAGS we use and if you delete the video from YouTube you must reload it with a new Entry-ID before it will do the auto-distribution of that video again. In general it works well but the biggest drawback is that we are forced to engage customer services for each new YouTube / MediaSpace distribution link we desire. Once setup it works well. We didn't desire this feature but it is our understanding that the video can be automatically added to a defined playlist on YouTube.

Dennis Eisenstein

Defense Acquisition University